Sunday, January 31, 2010

This may be cheating.

Okay ... I want this blog to be a tribute to real life. And I'm pretty sure this counts (but not 100% sure. But if I can't break the rules on my own blog, then where can I break them?) 

Music is a fairly big part of my life. For me, music = ability to do housework (and often homework, also.) And so, I am going to share with you my favorite motivational songs. I think perhaps "meatspace" would be more honored if I taught you how to play an instrument, or something of the kind. But as long as you use recorded music to help you do useful things, I think it has a lot of value in the real world. 

Here are the songs that are keeping me groovy these days:

"Daylight" by Matt and Kim
"Feeling Good" by Michael Bublé (or a host of other artists ...)
"Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae
"Be OK" by Ingrid Michaelson
"Chicago" by Sufjan Stevens
"Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra
"The Show" by Lenka

I'm not sure how popular any of these are, or have been in the past ... you may know all of them already! Often songs I like are featured in commercials, and since I don't watch TV, I have no idea that everyone else hears them 24/7. :)

4 comments:

  1. i was listening to Chicago when i read this post... it definitely made me smile :D.
    good songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) of course YOU know them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I recognize is Michael Buble . . . love his music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty swell! I love it too :)

    ReplyDelete